So I have 9 days left on my South African visa before I become an illegal alien. If I overstay my welcome I’m going to be fined something like $300-400. I’ve been taking my sweet ass time up the coast and loving every second of it, but didn’t really take into account the fact that 9 days isn’t enough to cover everything I wanted to do along the South Coast and in the Drakensberg Mountains.
You used to be able to cross into Lesotho or Swaziland and get an extra 90 days, but this is no longer the case since everyone was abusing the system. Word on the street is now you get anywhere from 0-30 days maximum. Most likely 7, though, but no guarantees. I guess it all hinges on your groveling and/or bribing abilities. And surely if you look like Shakira that couldn’t hurt, either.
Shark bait
Perhaps a more risky endeavor to be pushing my luck with is the dive I’m to do tomorrow. I will be entering the water sans cage with scores of Oceanic Blacktip sharks as well as Tiger and perhaps Bull sharks. Aliwal Shoal is one of the few places in the world that offers diving with Tiger sharks, and I am crossing my fingers that we see some tomorrow! Even just 1 would be awesome! Regardless, there are supposed to be somewhere between 20-30 Blacktips around, which will be rad in itself!
Nice knowing y’all…
**UPDATE**
Best dive EVER!!! Scores of Blacktips, 6 Tigers and 1 huge Bull shark!!
Click here to check out the vid on YouTube!
No comments:
Post a Comment