...for dinner again. Note the missing P in B&J. Yes, that means I had a butter & jelly sandwich for dinner + a hard boiled egg. I couldn't figure out a way to use hand gestures to get the server to understand the word peanut. I could have probably gotten pretty creative with that, but decided regular butter would do just fine. Again, I doggy bagged it from the free breakfast this morning. What do you expect from me? Honestly... Although I did have lunch at a local cafe/bakery for about $1.50, which included "pizza" (ha) and lemon Fanta. Hell yeah.
I finally got cash out from a local bank. Granted, I probably got slapped with a sweet 4% fee, but whatever, I have cash, which means I can continue bouncing about northwestern Rwanda a bit longer. Schmisa, Schmastercard, credit cards are pretty much useless around here.
I went to a local nursery school today with a British girl named Kat I met the other day who's in town volunteering as a teacher. Cute kids, but I needed at least 8 more arms for each one that wanted to hold my hand. I was like a human jungle gym for a solid hour.
Tomorrow I was going to go to some nearby volcanic caves, but was told by a local that they are filled with rabid bats. So that's out.
No comments:
Post a Comment