- I traveled for 26 hours from LAX to NBO.
- I arrived in Nairobi on the morning of the 4th.
- I stayed in a cute guesthouse (the Sandavy) and slept most of the day.
- I met up with my tour the morning of the 5th.
- We drove to Lake Naivasha via the Great Rift Valley.
- We took a boat ride and saw hippos a mere stone's throw from our campsite.
- I woke up laughing at the hilarious hippo noises in the morning.
- From the 6th through 8th we "excursioned" over to the Masai Mara game reserve.
- We spent about 2 day's worth game-driving and saw a ton of stuff.
- We've seen 4 out of the "Big 5" so far. Only rhinos are left.
- We took a visit to a local Maasai village. Cool, but a little awkward as it almost felt like a human zoo with all the white tourists snapping pictures of the Maasai. It's mutually beneficial, tho...
- I learned some Swahili. Mostly greetings and niceties. I am learning how to say "I am a hungry hippo."
- We head to Lake Nakuru today. The campsite we'll be staying at is known for a lot of man-eating things, so I will hold off on drinking anything after about 3pm today so as to avoid having to leave my tent in the middle of the night.
Thursday, September 9, 2010
What I've been up to
Ok, fine, I will write an actual post to keep people in the loop. I plan to make each of these types of "update entries" relatively short because no one likes to read long, rambling blogs. Just like no one cares to see all 5,000 photos from your trip.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I can't wait to hear the hooting hippos
ReplyDelete