I know you are all on the edge of your seats biting your fingernails down to a bloody stump wondering whatever happened with my little money exchange dilemma. Well fret not, my friends, because the universe was on my side yesterday. I successfully changed my Rwandan francs into Tanzanian shillings and totally broke even! HA!
Not gonna lie, I’m extremely happy with that outcome and pretty proud of myself. Sure, perhaps I was overly determined to find a way to get rid of my francs, but with nothing else to do but obsess over this little errand of mine, I was able to accomplish my goal in just 36 hours. All without having to wake up at 5am, spend 20,000 shillings to go to the airport and spend a few hours harassing people at the RwandAir ticketing counter – in which case, I’d say I came out ahead.
Long story short (unless you read my previous blog), I found 2 Rwandans here in Tanzania for training that are headed back home on Friday. After a bit of math and a few visits to www.xe.com, they so generously traded their shillings for my francs. I gave them better rates for their kindness, but we all gained in the end based on the lack of a middle-man shaving money off the top. Have I mentioned how much I love Rwandan people?
I dug into my Haribo Goldbears as a celebratory gummi feast.
yeey! finally! so glad it worked out for you Natalie! :)
ReplyDeletehave a nice trip to Tanzibar, enjoy!
-Your Norwegian Friend, Linda
I was anxiously awaiting this update, I can rest now :) Congrats!
ReplyDeletehahaha, thanks, dubs. im sure you were tossing and turning all night. give smudge a big fat pat for me :)
ReplyDelete